1) HERE’S WHAT WE ASK OF YOU AND HOW WE USE WHAT YOU PROVIDE: When you order online, make a booking or consultation online, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number and its expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order or booking request, and to notify you of your order status. When you sign up to receive information of any kind from Pilates Manitoba we need to know your name, e-mail address, and mailing address (some of our notification is done via e-mail and some via regular mail). When you submit to book an appointment, we ask for your name, phone number, address, email address. When you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We do not share your credit card or other account information with unaffiliated third parties unless you authorize us to do so, or if it is necessary to fulfill our responsibilities including, but not limited to, delivering a product or service that you order. If you prefer not to receive email marketing communications from us or from third parties, please see Section 2 below. You cannot opt-out of receiving communications from Pilates Manitoba (or third parties who may assist us) relating to a specific order or request for a product or service. If you would prefer that we not collect any personally identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information. This website is intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. However, if the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that the child has provided us with personally identifiable information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if they want this information deleted from our files so that it is not in retrievable form. If we otherwise obtain knowledge that we have personally identifiable information about a child under 13 in retrievable form in our files, we will delete that information from our existing files so that it is not retrievable.
2) OTHER USES FOR THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE: We personalize your shopping experience by using your information to help make recommendations about the products and services that we feel might be of interest to you. We also monitor customer traffic patterns, suggestions, and web site usage to help us develop the design and layout the Pilates Manitoba Inc website and online store. When you purchase a Pilates Manitoba Inc service or product, you get the receipt by email. When you book a class, consultation or private lesson, all reservation confirmations, reminders, changes or cancellations are delivered by email, as are invoice reminders for continuing services . Our online reservation system also interfaces with an email marketing software called Constant Contact. We may from time to time send you email messages describing new products, special offers, and great values (marketing messages). If for any reason you would no longer like to receive reservation system email messages from Pilates Manitoba inc, you can opt out of this system by advising us in writing. As for the marketing emails, you can “unsubscribe” from them (the “unsubscribe” button is clearly identified on all our email marketing). These are two separate email lists so please advise in writing (state name and date) if you want one or both to cease. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process your request.
3) HERE’S HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. Pilates Manitoba does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to anyone. Your privacy is important to us, and for this reason we will not share or sell your email address with any third parties. Please note: if you decide not to receive marketing email messages from Pilates Manitoba, you may still receive “Transactional” email messages regarding your order (i.e., order confirmation, shipping information, customer service notifications, class notifications, etc.). If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact us at email@example.com.
4) THE SCOOP ON “COOKIES”: “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies enable us to provide features such as quick and convenient shopping and to store items in your shopping cart between visits to our store (at least until you quit your browser, at which point they are removed from your computer). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. If you’re concerned about the cookie security problem that was identified in May 2000 in Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 4.x and 5.x, please note that all the cookies we set are deleted each time you quit your browser. So, to be sure that no one can capture the cookies we set, simply restart your browser after placing your order. Alternatively, you could use a secure browser like Netscape Communicator.
6) WHAT DO YOU THINK? Pilates Manitoba welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 204-487-2287.
Copyright 2016. Pilates Manitoba Inc. All rights reserved.